HUD Hosts First ‘Innovative Housing Showcase’
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development hosts its inaugural Innovative Housing Showcase on the National Mall starting June 1.
The Innovative Housing Showcase is open to the public and free of charge. It will include keynote addresses on housing, panel discussions, home tours and live music.
Come to the National Mall to Kick Off Summer
HUD Sec. Ben Carson announced in March that the department would host the showcase June 1-5 on the National Mall.
The gathering will educate policymakers and the broader public on innovations and building technologies in new manufactured homes that address affordable housing challenges across the country.
The Innovative Housing Showcase will feature solutions to make housing more affordable for American families and more resilient during natural disasters, HUD said in its announcement.
The Showcase is Open to the Public, Free of Charge
Seventeen exhibitors are scheduled through the week to show new homes, products or programs and services related to innovative new homes. Those exhibitors include Cavco Industries, Skyline Champion and UMH Properties, all representatives from the manufactured housing industry. Other exhibitors include Boxabl, Oak Ridge National Laboratories, and Snap Space Solutions.
Schedule for Innovative Housing Showcase
Each day at the Housing Showcase is designated for a target audience. Following is an overview of HUD’s schedule for the Innovative Housing Showcase.
- Saturday, June 1: General Public Day — Opening remarks from HUD Sec. Ben Carson. A professional panel moderated by Rich Binsacca, Professional Builder Magazine.
- Sunday, June 2: State/Local Government Day — A presentation on the latest building innovations and technologies. A talk on local solutions to housing problems.
- Monday, June 3: Federal Government Day — Remarks from FHFA Director Mark Calabria. A panel on disaster recovery and mitigation.
- Tuesday, June 4: Capitol Hill Day — Opening remarks from the National Association of Home Builders CEO Jerry Howard. A discussion on the impacts of housing policy.
- Wednesday, June 5: Industry Day — A panel on “A Holistic Approach to Veteran Housing and Healing”. A forecast on what the next 10 years may hold for real estate.